The difference between PPR pipe and PE pipe
PPR pipe and PE pipe can be used as drinking water pipes, here is to compare the advantages of the two kinds of pipe. In drinking water, PE generally do cold water pipe; PPR (special hot water material) can be used as hot water pipe. What want to say above all is PPR tube and PE to give conduit can serve as drinkable conduit, basically compare the superiority of two kinds of tube material respectively here. In drinking water, PE generally do cold water pipe; PPR (special hot water material) can be used as hot water pipe; PPR (cold water material) can also be used as cold water pipe; If you want to make hot water pipes, of course, PPR is good; (if be in the drinking water pipe in domestic outfit, that need not distinguish, it is to use PPR to compare PE basically more), with the improvement of current economic condition, ignore cold hot water to use PPR hot water pipe directly on a lot of projects.
If used for cold water transmission, please refer to the following differences:
1. Elastic modulus
The elastic modulus of PPR water pipe is 850MPa, PE water pipe belongs to medium density polyethylene, the elastic modulus is only about 550MPa, good flexibility, stiffness is insufficient, used in the field of building water supply, pipeline flatness is not good, easy to bend, easy to deform, the pipeline is not beautiful.
Thermal conductivity: PPR water pipe for 0.24, PE water pipe for 0.42, nearly doubled, if used in floor heating, this is its strength, heat dissipation good thermal radiation effect is better, but used in hot water pipeline is its weakness, good heat dissipation, heat loss is large, pipe surface temperature is also higher, easy perm.
2. Temperature resistance: the maximum stable temperature of PE water pipe is 70℃ and the minimum temperature is -30℃ under normal use. The maximum stable temperature of PPR water pipeline is 70℃ and the minimum temperature is -10℃ under normal service condition. PE water pipe and PPR water pipe have the same high temperature resistance. But PE pipe is better than PPR pipe in low temperature performance.
3. Welding: although both PPR tube and PE tube can be hot-welded, PPR tube is easier to operate. The flanging of PPR tube is round, while the flanging of PE tube is irregular and easy to be blocked; The welding temperature is also different, the PPR tube is 260℃, the PE tube is 230℃.
4. Low temperature impact strength: speaking from the indicators is the strength of PE water pipe material, PPR water pipe is stronger than PE water pipe, PE water pipe is more flexible than PPR water pipe.
5. Size and specification: the maximum size of PE pipes and fittings can be made is dn1000, and the maximum size of PPR is dn160. Therefore, more PE pipes are used for drainage pipes, and the water supply pipes are generally PPR.
However, we can draw the following conclusions:
1.PE tube has good low temperature resistance and can be used as a pipeline; The thermal conductivity of PPR tube is small, which can be used as cold water pipe or hot water pipe.
2.PE pipe has a larger specification and a wider range of use. PPR pipe has relatively small specification parameters and is suitable for home decoration. Therefore, PE pipe is often used as drainage pipeline, PPR pipe is more suitable for water supply pipeline.
3. There are more types of PE pipes, which can be widely used in large facilities such as municipal engineering, and PPR pipes are used for family use.
4.PPR pipe fitting installation is easier and more convenient, while PE pipe fitting installation and connection have higher technical requirements
Shijiazhuang xingyin import and export trade Co., Ltd. is the PPR pipe fittings manufacturer,PPR pipe fittings supplier. We are one of the best factories in China. Our products are of reliable quality and can be used by families and wholesalers. We can provide a variety of color PPR pipe fittings. We can provide national standard goods, non-national standard goods, according to the requirements of the production of PPR pipe fittings.